|Curt Spring of 2004 with a bumped swollen cheek|
and I'm not sure if the band-aids were needed or not
|Curtis 2 years old May 2004|
Summer was very welcoming with little sickness and very few if any coughing fits. By the next winter I had convinced Curt that even though it was very nasty Anti-Plague would help his cough. So I added it along with the Kid-E-Soothe to the things I had used the winter before for his cough. Sure enough first runny nose the cough started up again. But this time I felt more prepared. He did have a few bad bouts but for the most part I felt like we kept on top of it better and the difficulty breathing was less and less although the cough did still sound pretty terrible at times. I also noticed that his body started to figure out what it needed to do. Inevitably after a few days of a bad cough he would get a high fever. The heat seemed to break up the cough and loosen things up. This was amazing to me and it was so interesting how the his body was actually learning what to do for itself. His cough would last shorter and shorter amounts of time because the body would turn up the heat sooner each time. This was a gradual process but not only did the coughs clear up sooner they were further and further apart. I could tell his immune system was getting stronger as every child's is supposed to with each sickness.
|Curtis 4 years old May 2006|
|Curtis 5 years old October 2007|
I truly feel like this has been a miracle in my life! It may be different then what I had expected but still a miracle! And I can't help but be so grateful to my Heavenly Father who knew what would be best for all of us. In fact I am confident that there are still things from this he has in store for us to learn. I am grateful that he didn't just "fix it" for me and that he helped and supported me all along the way.
- I think that getting rid of all dairy at least while he was little was essential he would have had too much mucus and we would of had to had medical intervention. Too much mucus and Asthma are not a good combination.
- The cleaning products I felt we needed to get rid of make me cough I hate to think how they would have effected him living with those smelly things. I even quit using dryer sheets.
- Vaccines bombard a very young immature immune system and Curt's was even more compromised with the Asthma these would have made it worse.
- I have recently learned that the antibiotic they gave me in the hospital before Curt was born is known to contribute to Asthma. It was given as a preventative because they thought maybe the Group B Strep had caused my water to break. They tested but couldn't get the results in time. I told the Doctor I didn't want it but he was very insistent. I wasn't good at holding my ground around people more "learned" then me. He basically scared me into taking it. The test came back NEGATIVE. The antibiotic was totally unnecessary. I should have gone with my gut.
- I have also learned that the third and fourth generation a lot of times will have issues show up from the past generations actions. Grandchildren of fruit farmers who used lots of sprays tend to have Asthma. Curt's Great-Grandpa was a fruit farmer who sprayed his trees and Curt's Grandpa grows lots of fruit trees and is very consistent about spraying them. (I'm not blaming anyone we all do what we know how to do and do the best we can worms aren't fun in fruit either. I just thought it was an interesting statistic and a possibility.)
- I find it interesting that God sees the big picture. I couldn't but he was helping learn and be ready all along the way! And he even made up the difference when I wasn't listening like I should have been.
I hope that my experience can be of help and benefit others and that is why I felt I should share more! As I have time and as it comes to me I plan to share most all of my story with you! And of course the stuff that hasn't even happened yet! ;) Not so you can do exactly what I did but so it can help you to gain confidence that between you and God you can know what you and your family needs. You are the Mother of your children and God gave YOU stewardship over them and he will direct you. This world is in great need of STRONG families! That means us and our children need to be strong not only physically but mentally and spiritually too! It takes the whole package and I just don't think we can do it without God's help! For me praying and taking time every day to be still, turn off the noises and study His words, helps me to better "hear" His voice. Faith then chases away the fear! And as a very wise man recently said "The future is as bright as your Faith!"
Read Part 1 here
Part 2 here
Read Part 1 here
Part 2 here