Here is a list of other good tummy trouble remedies that we have used before and found to work well.
- Red Raspberry Leaf and Peppermint tea: Great for nausea and also adding good fluids back when someone has been throwing up.
- Fennel: Just chew on some Fennel seed....great for gas, bloating and general tummy upset and it tastes like licorice. MmmmmMmmm
- Lobelia: A tincture of this is good to have around in case someone starts to throw up violently and can't stop. This helps to calm that so they can keep fluids down and not get dehydrated.
- Ginger: Also good for nausea and excellent for motion sickness. Candied ginger or ginger candy is the best way to get kids to take it.
- Peppermint Gels: You can find these at a health food store they are little gel-caps that contain peppermint oil, fennel and other good things for tummy upset. I like that it takes a while to dissolve so you can get it down to the problem area if you know what I mean. ;)
- Plenty of liquids and green smoothies: If there is a lot of throwing up I wait to have them drink anything heavy until that is over with. So to start just water, raspberry leaf tea and other clear liquids. Coconut water is excellent for this because it's full of electrolytes. (I never use drinks like Pedialyte or Gatorade because they are full of bad ingredients like refined sugar, food coloring and many times Aspartame aka NutraSweet) Once they are able to keep clear liquids down for a day or two I will give green smoothies with Young Coconut Water in them, I have found all the nutrition in a easy to drink for really helps them bounce back to themselves again quickly.