- Creamed Peas and Potatoes - (yep going to give it another go it tasted good before just need to make the sauce thicker I think I'll even try them in the crock-pot, I'll let you know how they turn out)
- Sweet Potatoes with pecan strudel topping - (a recipe my sister made at Thanksgiving and I loved it so much I want to make it)
- Veggie Platter - (My platter usually has broccoli, cauliflower, different colors of bell peppers, carrots, celery, jicama (one of our favorites) and sometimes mushrooms, onion and radishes)
- Relish Tray (2 kinds of olive and pickles)
- Whole Grain crackers
- 7 layer dip
- Curry dip
- Dill Pickle Dip -(Ryan always loved that nasty stuff you can get at the store....I of course won't even buy it at the holidays....I figured out how to make my own version....and he even likes it better....SCORE.....this was quite a few years ago.....
how come I haven't posted that recipe.....don't worry I put it on my recipes to post list!It's posted now!
- Cheese Ball
- A Salad - (I haven't decided which one yet we usually do the Broccoli Salad or the Crunchy Cabbage Salad....but again I'm in the mood for something new so I may think of something else.)
- Dried Fruit and Nut Mix - (pretty self explanatory...this year it will have macadamia nuts, pistachios, peanuts, almonds, raisins, dried cranberries and cherries, currents and maybe a few carob chips)
- Ginger Bread Cookies
- Peanut Brittle
- Candied Pecans - (Something I have been wanting to try......I can't help myself....for some reason I think the Holidays are the perfect time to try new things.
- Our Traditional Christmas Punch
- I was thinking about also doing Pumpkin or Pecan Pie but we already have a lot of food here and Ryan's birthday is just a few days later and he loves pie so I think I will save the pie for then.
by Tammie on Friday, December 20, 2013Christmas Menu 2013